The Two Sides (2007): Working Song

Story
Curiously, this song was made during all the time of the recording of the disc.

Whenever I made a new song, but still with no lyrics or title, I saved the song with the name "Working song", until the proper title came along. Well, I had this working song that I had just saved for a long time, and I had just written some lyrics.

With almost all the tracks made, I took this working song to finish it up. But I noticed: the working song was just that - a working song. It fit in the concept of the disc. It had to came at the end, to fit well. I finished the lyrics to fit the concept, and it was done.

And it was perfect. David described it as a "rap".

Take 1 was the master of the song, although the end was changed. The original ending had me laughing. I deleted that and recorded the final "in a working song" in its place.

Concept
After having many lives, the protagonist is alive again, but this time, somehow, he remembers all his lives ("I've been dead so many times..."). He tries to tell all his experiences to everybody, but no one believes him. He then writes a song, to tell his experiences. The song he writes is the one you're listening. He writes this, "working song."

It could be said, also, that the protagonist wrote and sung all the songs of the album, meaning that his experiences were real, he wrote them, and I am him.

Lyrics

I'm in a place after dying one more time
Perhaps you may think I'm just bothering ya
Who may be as a man with a plan
The answer is me, you didn't know that

Because I've been dead so many times
Really I became sick of staying like that
And you'd rather see me more dead than
a piece of garbage in my garage

But I'm alright, some say I'm just back
And my promise is I'm gonna stay like that
You wanna ask what did I do wrong
Nothing, nothing, I'm just in a working song

In a working song, yeah

Aha, aha, aha, aha, aha
Aha, aha, in a working song, yeah

Aha, aha, aha, aha...

Download
To download this track, right click - Save as this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment