The Two Sides (2007): Story

In 2006, a Macintosh was brought into my house, and with it, a whole new of possibilities came to exist.

The Mac had a software called GarageBand, which lets you create, edit and arrange music tracks created by yourself. What's more, it brought with it a thousand music loops - so I didn't have to know how to play any instruments. Just by knowing what's good and what's not, I arranged a full music album, which was finished by January, 2007.

Curiously, I began with a track which became "What can I do to cure this evil?". I just wrote the lyrics and joined some loops. What I didn't know was that, with every new song created, I was trying to actually tell a whole story, that became clear to me in the end.

That story is "The two sides": a whole tale of the beginning and end of the world, and thousand lives between that. After I completed 11 of the 12 tracks, I noticed the story as a whole, so I wrote the final track - "The finale," to wrap up the disc.

Along the way, a friend of mine, David, helped me with the tracks, to make the disc even better.

The day I made "The finale", the Mac was taken away, but I was left with 12 tracks of mine, 12 tracks that told a story, and I was very happy with the final product.

Be sure to listen to the full disc, check the Track list, and the Concept of the disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment