The Two Sides (2007): Afterlife Experiences

Story
This song was the sixth one I made for the album. It was done very simply, with a few loops repeated and basic vocals. The result was Take 1 of the song, which was later deleted for being "horrible," and was never recovered.

In this mood, I created Take 2, a much better version of the song, with better vocals and structure. I later created Take 3, which was not very different. Take 4, an acoustic approach, was the master.

Take 2 appears in the "A few words" bonus disc. The fact that the title doesn't appear in the song itself is unique in this track. It came to me as I thought of the words "Afterlife experiences" after I was practicing for the first time how to sing it.

The fact that it has a fade-in intro is because it was once thought to be the first track of the disc (before its whole concept was done). Later it was moved much further, but the intro remained.

The lyrics "I am here, you can see, I hope you know what I mean," (Take 2) were changed to "I am dead, I could say, I hope you know what I meant" (Take 4), since I noticed that I was always writing "I am here" or "I am there" as the first sentence of the songs (reflected in "Parody of the existence" and "What Can I Do To Cure This Evil?").

The lyrics "I was searching the center of the Earth but I just found a city with giants and men," is a reference to the Hollow Earth theory, which David had just told me about around the time I made the song. In the concept, the protagonist is just studying this before his new journey.

Concept
After the protagonist has a new life, he is visited by death again. Just like a few lives before ("Involuntary suicide"), he waits his trail, accompanied by Death. Its lyrics, "It was incredible," were written to reflect hope, over all, in the afterlife itself.

Lyrics
I am dead, I could say
I hope you know what I meant
I was searching the center of the Earth
but I just found a city with giants and men

It's incredible, yes, ok
to see how something can rapidly change
I was astonished without anything to say
the huge revelations were already there

The Karma found me in my bed
I was doing nothing so, don't worry, brother
He looked my eyes and said these words
"You're dead now, so, come on, let's go"

The death appeared, and started to laugh
Was fooling my existence, why did he do that?
I said to him, "ok, let's go my man"
And we both traveled to the afterlife
To the afterlife

It was incredible, it was incredible
I found myself screaming of joy
It was incredible, it was incredible
the afterlife, after all, was full of hope

It was incredible, it was incredible
I found myself screaming of joy
It was incredible, it was incredible
the afterlife, after all, was full of hope

"And why you came to me?", I asked the death
"It was your moment, besides, my man,
you were doing nothing, so why you wanna stay?
the time and place were for me and yourself"

"So where I am gonna go, the death?
Is it really as they say, a heaven and a hell?"
"Of course they exist, but that decides the boss
So sit down and wait as I go to kill some more"
"As I go to kill more"

It was incredible, it was incredible
I found myself screaming of joy
It was incredible, it was incredible
the afterlife, after all, was full of hope

It was incredible, it was incredible
I found myself screaming of joy
It was incredible, it was incredible
the afterlife, after all, was full of hope

Was full of hope

Technical stuff
Lyrics and production by James Castells.

Download
To download this track, right click - Save as this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment