The Two Sides (2007): Nothing's Being Made

Story
This song is one of the first ones that I made. It came around a time I felt very depressed - and looked at the world, just thinking how nobody was doing anything about it.

I talked to David, and he tried to make me feel better. But as you may know, you can only feel better when you're up to it.

So I made this song around this time, and curiously, it became just another phase of "The Two Sides" story. Since the song was written before the whole disc concept was made, it was hard to include it, because in the concept, it comes after "I'm back", in which he was an assassin. Why would an ex-assassin complain of having "no girls", and how does he have "a friend" to talk to? Well, it just comes around to the fact that he's a human being after all, and everybody feels depressed at some point, and even the most horrible person has a friend ("People stare at me as if I was a monster").

The original title was "Nothing Is Being Made". It was shortened to Nothing's to differentiate it with "Nothing Is Like It Used To Be".

Take 2 of this song became the master. Take 1, a very simple one, in which I had just learned how GarageBand works, appears in the "A Few Words" bonus disc.

Concept
After having protested in the streets ("Nothing is Like it Used to be") and, having been a paid assassin ("I'm Back (Like an Angel In the Sky)"), the protagonist returns to a normal life, but eventually suffers withdrawal and alienation. With no wife, kids, or family of any sort, he speaks with a friend, who tells him not to kill himself. However, he desists at the end, and hangs himself. "Nothing's being made" is his feeling that nobody helped him.

Death is a constant theme in "The Two Sides". He just was a killer. But this time the protagonist dies, but it will not be his first time.

Lyrics

I'm a total nerd, I haven't got any girls
People stare at me as if I was a monster
Why are people laughting whenever I pass by?
It must be now something that i haven't looked at

All of this incredible task I must complete
that is called the life, I'm getting tired of it
Will one day it change? Or it will just remain?
Everything's the same, and nothing's being made

Yeah, nothing's being made
Yeah, nothing's being made

I am tired of everything, and tired of who I am
Nothing can be said, 'cause always I am right
I talked to a friend, he said "don't do that,"
But in fact I'm tired, and this will end just now

I detailed my plan, but I had some doubts
Finally the rope was my final act
Got up in a chair, put the rope high
Then I don't remember what happened afterwards

Yeah, nothing's being made
Yeah, nothing's being made
Yeah, nothing's being made
Yeah, nothing's being made

Technical stuff
Lyrics by James Castells. Produced by David Constante and James Castells. 

Download
To download this track, right click - Save as this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment