The 2 Sides (2012): Wanna Know My Name? Later

Story
After making the tracks for the new version of the disc, four remained to be redone - this track, "Nothing is like it used to be", "What Can I Do To Cure This Evil?", and "Afterlife Experiences". However, due to time constrains, and since I was very busy at the time, I decided to take the version from The Two Sides and just speed it up. However, after listening it various times, I wasn't pleased.

I then decided to make a remix, using the track from The Two Sides, and its alternative take (present in "A few words" bonus disc). I put one on top of the other, and sped it up a little, and you have the result.

One curious thing, is that The Two Sides' version singing starts earlier than the alternative take's. Which means, that you can hear two singing in the song, and one comes first than the other. I liked that effect, because in this way the song has barely silent moments. Also, the lyrics overlap at some points, an effect I also liked.

Concept
The soul - which first appeared in "The Third Side", is living now. In this present time, this protagonist uses the World Wide Web to spend his time. In that, he finds a website called "The Message Bored". He picks a nickname - "Wanna Know My Name? Later". After the website shuts down, the protagonist moves to some other sites. This song is about his adventure.

Lyrics
I was one day surfing in the web
something attracted my attention there
I went to google-com, inserted some keywords
And the results were fantastic, my boy
I entered a chat, that was amazing, man (I was one day surfing in the web)
it was called "The Message Bored" (something attracted my attention there)
And I wanted to post, yeah, but I needed a nickname (I went to google-com, inserted some keywords)
this one came into my mind and I said horray (And the results were fantastic, my boy)
I entered a chat, that was amazing, man
it was called "The Message Bored"
And i wanted to post, yeah, but I needed a nickname
this one came into my mind and I said horray
Wanna know my name? later (oh, yeah)
Wanna know my name? later (oh, yeah)
Wanna know my name? later
Wanna know my name? later
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name? later, later, late
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name? later, later, late
Oh, yeah, oh yeah...
Then the site was ruined, actually was hacked,
I need to run far, far away
I found so many sites, created my own mine,
inserted many glitches, I.
Everybody loved me, everybody wanted me (Then the site was ruined, actually was hacked)
but i just had to disappear (I need to run far, far away)
I went to other sites, stayed a while there (I found so many sites, created my own mine)
and my nickname in those was the same (Insered many glitches, I)
Everybody loved me, everybody wanted me
But I just had to disappear
I went to other sites, stayed a while there
and my nickname in those was the same
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name? later, later, late
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name? later, later ,late
Do you want to know my name?
Do you want it or want to guess?
I'll never tell you, that's my business
hide the name fore-ever,
Do you want to know my name?
(and ever, and ever, and ever) Do you want it or want to guess?
I'll never tell you, that's my business
hide the name fore-ever,
and ever, and ever, and ever...
But I still used it and it was fine
Nobody could guess my name
I felt bad of myself, I never told them, hey
White Cat, please forgive me, yes
My nickname will be forever, (But I still used it and it was fine)
it and me will stay together (Nobody could guess my name)
Wanna know my name, don't leave me, yes (I felt bad of myself, I never told them, hey)
because I'm yourself and you're myself (White Cat, please forgive me, yes)
My nickname will be forever,
it and me will stay together
Wanna know my name, don't leave me, yes
because I'm yourself and you're myself
Wanna know my name? later
Wanna know my name? later
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?
Wanna know my name? later, oh, yeah, wanna know my name?

Technical stuff
Lyrics and production by James Castells.

Download
To download this song, right click - Save as this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment