The 2 Sides (2012): Nothing's Being Made

Story
Only one take was done for this song. However, its lyrics were vastly changed. In the original, the lyrics spoke of the protagonist, killing himself after seeing himself as a "nerd" and "having no girls". But, since our protagonist was a killer, it didn't end up well. This was because this song, and "I'm Back" weren't planned to be one after the other, in the beginning. So, after I wrote for this version of the disc, "Slowdown" and "Back in time" (in which our protagonist starts to lose his mind), I just had to write how he succumbs to suicidal. And this song was it.

Because of this, the lyrics are completely different to the ones of the original song.

In the end, David told me, "A better title for this song would be 'Nothing's Being Done'. 'Done' fits better here". However, since I had already recorded this, I thought, "Yes, but 'made' sounds so much better."

Concept
After becoming crazy in "Back in time", because of his assassin's past, he starts to alienate from everybody. He knows what he is, after everything he did. He seeks advice, but he knows that he can't take it any longer. In the end, he gets a rope, and kills himself, knowing that nobody made anything to try to save him.

Lyrics
Tired of every word, and always depressed
I'm no longer human, I am a monster
There is people staring whenever I pass by
I know what they look, I know what I am

About this incredible task I must complete
Which is called the life, it's difficult for me
I need someone's help, help to cure myself
No one does a thing, nothing's being made

Yeah... nothing's being made
Yeah, nothing's being made

I am sick of everything, sick of who I am
Nothing can be said, I know I am right
I talked to somebody, he said 'Don't give up'
But it's not that easy, it is very hard

No one did a thing, I came up with my mind
No one and nobody, this is a goodbye
Got up in a chair, put the rope high
In the last moment, everything went black

Yeah... nothing's being made
Yeah, nothing's being maaaade...
Nothing's being made,
yeah, nothing's being made

No one did a thing, I succumbed to myself
Always life and death, nothing's being made

Download
To download this song, right click - Save as this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment